PEARL — The Mississippi Braves couldn’t get into the win column, but they let the dogs out on Tuesday night.
Former M-Brave Tyler Neslony went 5-for-6 with a double, a home run, two RBIs and three runs scored to lead the Birmingham Barons to a 9-4 win in the opener of a series of six games at Trustmark Park.
For the M-Braves, Justin Dean was 2 for 4 with a triple and two runs scored, and CJ Alexander had two RBIs.
The M-Braves held their “Bark in the Park” promotion on Tuesday, which allowed fans to bring their dogs to the game, and several dozen pooches filled the air at Trustmark Park with woofs of approval. The promotion takes place throughout the season at each homestand’s Tuesday game.
The six-game series between the M-Braves and the Barons will continue through Sunday. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday games begin at 6:35 p.m. Saturday game has a first pitch at 6:05 p.m. and Sunday’s final begins at 2:05 p.m.
This week’s promotions include:
• A four-pack of field-level tickets and $20 soda vouchers for Wednesday’s game.
• Free tickets for soldiers and nurses, on presentation of a valid identity document, on Thursday.
• A Greenville Braves cap giveaway to the first 1,000 fans for Friday’s contest. Children will also be allowed to run the bases after the game.
• Post-match fireworks on Saturday.
• Father’s Day Catch on Sundays, when fathers and sons can play catch on the court before the game, from 1:15 p.m.
After finishing the series with the Barons. the M-Braves will hit the road for two weeks to play in Montgomery June 21-26 and Biloxi June 27-July 3.
The M-Braves’ next homestand is July 4-17 against the Pensacola Blue Wahoos and Rocket City Trash Pandas.